Being nominated for a United Way Community Spirit Award was an honour in itself, but to WIN? That was totally unexpected! At our campaigns end, we were asked to submit an application because the United Way of the Lower Mainland was happy with what our campaign had accomplished. Our 2017 ‘Week of Possibility’ for United Way of the Lower Mainland was only possible because of the generosity of amazing Sierra Systems employees!
As new employees and new co-chairs of the campaign, my colleague Jass and I brought some different ideas to the typical United Way fundraising campaign at Sierra Systems.
- We tackled the Tech Grind with a team of 13 for United Way, raising over $1400 in September 2017
- We held a special edition of ‘Wine Survivor’, a highly engaging crowd pleaser event
- We injected some new life into our campaign by sharing United Way videos throughout our offices
- We booked a play date with Seymour the Otter who came downtown and toured our HQ offices
- We had a super successful Sticker Bomb day.
It was so fun to see everyone getting involved. We were able to raise $15,000 for United Way and increase donor participation rate from 29% to 37%! It was gratifying to see people give so much to such an amazing cause. When we attended the United Way Community Spirit Awards Gala to represent Sierra Systems, we saw the entire list of nominees in our category, and didn’t think we had a chance of winning as there were a LOT of high profile major corporations alongside Sierra Systems. Somehow, we won!
It was great to see the generosity of our employees being recognized. We want to thank all donors and supporters who made it possible! I can’t wait for this year’s campaign!